Thursday, March 29, 2012

Woman Characters this Semester

We have encountered a large number of female characters in the stories we have read so far this semester and I have thought about my favorite and my least favorite. My least favorite so far has been Charity Royall from the most recent book, Summer. To put it simply, I thought she was a short word that starts with the letter "B". After every event she would over analyze it in her mind and then get made about it. Anything Harvey did or said was twisted around in her mind and quickly changed her mood. She changed her mood swiftly without much reason at times. I don't mind Summer not having a happy ending because I really didn't like the protagonist. My favorite character has been Aunt Rachel in Twain's A True Story. The way she answered the question to why she had no trouble in her life was a big "F U" to who asked. The story spoke for itself and she really didn't have to say any more. She could have been angry about getting asked such a question, but the way she handled it was much classier.

No comments:

Post a Comment