Thursday, April 5, 2012

F Scott Fitzgerald

I have enjoyed the Fitzgerald short stories we have read this week and I am wondering which were peoples favorites, and least favorites? This question goes out to Dr. Campbell as well. For me, my favorite was "A Diamond as Big as the Ritz". This is because how exciting the ending was. We had a spectacular battle scene at the end of the story with great images and quick pacing. The story took a dark turn for me once we found out that this family shot down fighter planes to defend their secret. Then we learn that pilots are actually held prisoner at the property. The whole family was very eerie and the story intrigued me very much. I enjoyed all of the stories but my least favorite would have to be "The Ice Palace". We had a dramatic scene at the end that was written very well, but in the end this wasn't enough for me. I didn't like Sally Carroll very much, she wanted such a change and when she got it, she didn't know what to do. She should have known things in the north would be completely different. I did enjoy this story, just not as much as the others I guess. So I'm wondering which ones others liked the most and the least.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to know which stories are our class's favorites, too, Taylor. I actually like them all but for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P. S. Blogger ate my comment on your earlier post--sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babylon Revisited has to be one of my favorites. The characters are a lot more dynamic. I did also enjoy Ice Palaces, but more for the contrasts than the actual main character. :)

    ReplyDelete