Thursday, April 19, 2012

This Semester

To be honest, I was not looking forward to this course coming into the semester. I figured an upper level 400 Lit class would be difficult and boring. This class has not been difficult in the sense I thought it would though. Too many classes are difficult only because the teacher is a difficult grader but the material covered is the same as other courses. This course has required me to think critically about what we have read and to come up with my own original Thesis' on the readings. It was one of those courses that gave me as much as I put in. The more I put into thinking about the work, the more I would ultimately get out of it. This class has actually been one of my favorites this semester which has been a pleasant surprise. The reading workloads were never too much to handle, and the assignments were evenly spaced throughout the semester. Weekly Blogs have forced me to think outside of what we have discussed in class and have given me insight into what other students think about the text. Reports gave us background info on the authors and cultural information to frame the texts. Each assignment has forced me to think about other aspects of the readings and to think creatively and critically on my own. Overall I have really enjoyed this course and have enjoyed reading blogs and getting the thoughts of others in the class. I have broadened my knowledge on literature and this course has inspired me to read more literature from the past. Thank you Dr. Campbell and the rest of the class for a good semester.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these insights and for your contributions, Taylor.

    ReplyDelete